Saturday, April 10, 2010

Jungle Fishing


It's been a lean month of carp fishing, but I think I finally have it figured out.

Take a walk around your favorite carp pond. Any place you find a tree in the water, look around because some carp are probably sitting right under the downed tree just sunning themselves. There are probably others moving around the tree below the surface. These days they are especially around structure close to shore. That includes blown down trees, bushes and dead branches in the water. They are not in the open spots. In order to catch them, I have been fishing especially close to this structure and very close to shore. It's like playing with fire. I sit very close to my rods and watch. At the first sign of a take, I pull since I don't want them to bolt off into structure. All hell breaks loose when I hook a fish near a blow down as it becomes a battle to keep them away from the snags. You win a few and you also lose a few in this game. That's jungle fishing!

No comments:

Post a Comment