Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A Terrific Day


I headed out yesterday to do some carp fishing in one of my favorite spots. Everything was just right for a big day. It was cool and cloudy with a rain threat, and there was just a slight breeze. It was ideal carp fishing weather to fish in the daytime.

As for the fishing, I ended up landing 18 carp with the biggest one going 26.5 lbs. (pic at right). I had two other low twenties and nearly everything else was in the teens. It was my best day this year numbers wise. The hot bait was Wild Whiskey maize (what else?) fished ahead of an oatmeal based method ball. But, here's a surprise. They stopped hitting the wild whiskey so I fished doughballs made from wheat bread on one rod. That was hot as I had three fish in less than an hour on it with no hits on the wild whisky on the other rod. Don't underestimate the power of a doughball. It can be real effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment