Monday, August 16, 2010

Nighttime is the Right Time


I have blanked now six times in a row in the morning. Yet, I have landed a carp or two five straight times in the evening/night. To say nighttime is the right time is an understatement. With the warm water temperatures and the hot days, it seems logical that the cooler nights would produce. The hot time has been from sunset to an hour or two after dark. The action isn't hot and heavy but there are some fish around. I also might add that the horned pout have been bothersome. They have been more active than usual. Sweet corn is still the hot bait.

1 comment:

  1. hey great blog. I really found some interesting tips and learned a few things. I have mostly been fishing fo bass and striped bass this summer but I really would like to catch some carp, I live about 30mins drive from blackstone river and would like to know if you could give a few tips on where to fish or what to look for, how far do I cast and things like that. I would really apreciate some help and hopefully send you a picture of a nice catch. hey thanks alot my e mail is tosattousa@gmail.com or if you post some info here I'll defnitly see it as well . thanks again eddie

    ReplyDelete