Saturday, August 12, 2017

Catching on the Green Seed Once Again

The green seed is in the pod
of this tuber that comes
off Arrowhead plants.
Multiple seeds can be
found in these pods.
I ran a post last year on this green seed  that was catching carp for me.  The green seed is now out again this year, and today I caught again on it.  I put two rods out.  One rod had plastic corn.  The other had hair rigged green seed.  The score for the morning was 6 fish on the plastic and 4 on the seed. Pretty even.
This green seed comes from a water plant that I believe is called Arrowhead.  The seeds are in pods in  the tubers that come off the plant. I hair rigged either one or two seeds, and that that seemed to do the trick. These seeds seem to be an August/early September thing so now is the time to fish with them.
These seeds can be hair
rigged.  Use one of two
seeds.
This mirror was one of
four fish taken on the
green seeds this morning.
Carp tend to eat all kinds of seeds and berries and I would guess that this is one more example of natural food that they eat when available.




No comments:

Post a Comment