Sunday, October 8, 2017

1,000

This common that is splashing around in the
net is number 1,000 on the year.
I hit a major milestone today with my 1,000th carp of the year.  The fish was a common that weighed about 10 lbs. It hit a combo bait of maize and a white artificial corn fished on a hair rig.
Already this is my second best year numbers-wise.  Back a couple of years ago I had over 1,300 carp and that was the only year I was able to get above 1,000.  Beating my own record is still a possibility as I have a solid two and a half months left of fishing and if the weather stays warm, especially in December, anything can happen.
While numbers don't tell the whole story, this has also been a great year of bigger fish for me.  I have three thirties so far and a good number of 25-29 lb. fish.  It's also been a year of surprises as I have landed a big fan tailed common, a sturgeon, a pike and many good size catfish, all while carp fishing!
So, if my year ended today I would have to say it was a big success.

No comments:

Post a Comment