Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Still Water Fishing Done?

Carp fishing can still be done in the winter in river currents.
It gets a whole lot tougher with the icing and cold temperatures.
I headed out carp fishing yesterday in one of my "small" winter locations.  I was shocked to find the place completely frozen. So much for that.
With low temperatures coming in the next few days, I think it is a safe bet to say that carp fishing in still waters like ponds and small lakes in RI  is done for 2017. It was a quick and disappointing end to the still water fishing.
I still plan to hit some river spots with current that don't freeze easily.  However, that river winter fishing is always a crap shoot and difficult to do when the air temperatures are down below freezing.  That kind of weather will freeze your bait, freeze your method and freeze you.  So, winter fishing is a matter of picking and choosing the best days to fish.
For me, it's never over, but it gets a whole lot tougher in winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment