Sunday, March 4, 2018

Wind, Cold, Rain and Flooding Light up the Fishing in Recent Days

That record fishing that I experienced in February just continued right into March. Despite the wind, cold and torrential rains of the past few days, the fishing was excellent if you could stand it out in the cold.
The hot bait of the last few days
has been a white plastic corn and
a kernel of sweet corn fished on
the hair rig.
Another good size carp comes ashore.
This is one of 20 decent fish taken in
the nasty weather of the last few days!
Usually I don't like to fish flooding waters, but the fishing was so hot last week that I tried the past few days anyway. In some places the flooding was so bad that  I had to wear my waders just to get out of the flooded woods to cast. It all worked out because in the last three days of this messy weather I managed to bank 20 carp, fantastic numbers under any conditions. Many of those fish were up in the teens.
I've written many, many times about how carp are just charged up in nasty weather. Big rainstorms, tropical storms, northeasters and even hurricanes are all weather events that I have fished in over the years.  These events have consistently produced big numbers of fish as well as big fish.
The hot bait combination continues to be a combo bait of sweet corn and a white artificial corn fished off the hair rig. That is out fished anything else I have used and I have tried other combo baits.


No comments:

Post a Comment