Saturday, August 18, 2018

An Unusual Mirror

This unusual colored mirror sits in the water about to be
released. Mirror carp are all different, but this one was
highly unusual with its orange fins  and lips and pinkish body
Check out this mirror carp that I caught tonight.  Its body was a pinkish/orange color.  It's dorsal fin was orange.  The tips of the other fins were orange.  It also had orange lips and orange nostrils. I've landed thousands of mirrors and they are all different, but this one was REALLY different.
On another note, I landed my 900th carp of the year this week. The big numbers I was catching earlier in the month have diminished in this heat, but it is still running good.  I got out this morning and landed 5 small ones.  I went out again in the evening and banked a couple of mid sized mirrors. We need a shot of cooler weather to perk things up with the bigger fish, but it doesn't look like that is happening anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment