Sunday, March 24, 2019

Coming to Life

Carp fishing is waking up here in RI. In the last week, I have landed good numbers of fish from multiple venues in RI and MA.  That's a sure sign that the carp are moving into a spring feeding pattern.  I have also landed a few hefty fish including my second 20 lber. of the year (got the first on Jan.1).  When the bigger fish start feeding, you know the season has started.
In the last week, I have gotten most of my fish on a combo bait of sweet corn and an artificial pop-up corn.  I'm still fishing small stuff and a #10 hair rigged hook has been the ticket. The cage feeder that was so good all winter just has not cut it in the last week. I'm back to packing method around my sinker.
So, I think I can say with certainty that winter is behind us and the spring carp season has begun.
This good size mirror that's coming to the net was landed today on a
hair rigged combo bait of sweet corn and a white artificial corn.


No comments:

Post a Comment