Thursday, November 7, 2019

Winnings in CAG Discovery Month Contest

One of my favorite contests that CAG (Carp Anglers Group) runs is called Discovery Month. This is a national contest in which members go out and try to find places where no one has caught carp before (at least to our knowledge).  I like it because it takes me out of my comfort zone and allows me to look for new, unfished spots.  Sometimes I find some real gems; some years I find only duds. The contest runs all of September and is open to all CAG members.  In the end, we submit a story about our adventure along with photos that get printed on the CAG Forum.  There is also a photo and video contest.  Members get to vote and pick the winners.
My adventure was called "Remote Blackstone". My objective was twofold here.  I wanted to explore a section of the Blackstone River in MA that I had never fished before.  It was quite remote and hard to get to, and  place that I don't believe anyone has fished for carp. I also wanted to experiment with taking a number of different camera shots from action to creative photos while fishing.  I made about 6 trips to this location and landed about 15 fish so things worked out, and I found a new spot that was off the beaten path that I will fish again in the future.
My story came in second place and my photo won top prize.  My winnings amounted to gift certificates which I can certainly use, and my photo gets published in our North American Carp Magazine.
First place photo, CAG Discovery Month, 2019


No comments:

Post a Comment