Tuesday, January 14, 2020

The Scoop on Winter Fishing....Fisherman Magazine, Jan., 2020

Check it out in the January edition of the
Fisherman Magazine!
The most recent article I've written for the magazines is in this month's January edition of The Fisherman magazine. It's a carp article, and it is titled, "Cold Carp: Score Some Winter Gold". While I have written bits and pieces about winter carp fishing on this blog, this is the complete edition from rigs to equipment to baits to location. It's everything you need to know about carp fishing in the dead of winter. Check it out.
The article comes at a great time since this has been for me the best January of carp fishing I have ever had. I've often said how the weather goes, goes the carp fishing, and this has been a January to remember for the warm weather and the fishing. Open water is everywhere.  I drove by Indian Lake ( a carp hotspot) in Worcester the other day, and there was not a sliver of ice to be found. I've never seen that in January. It's the same here in RI, and it's got the carp in a spring feeding mode. We all know this won't last, but it has been a fun ride so far in January if you are a carp fisherman.

No comments:

Post a Comment