Thursday, March 19, 2020

Changing Strategies to Avoid Crowds

A nice carp sits in the water in the net.  Fishing in the last
couple of days has been really good. I have been trying
to fish spots with little or no people.
The coronavirus pandemic is changing the way we live, at least in the short term. It's also affecting fishermen and their choices, and will greatly affect them as the weather warms and more and more people get out.
In my daily life, I have been trying very hard to avoid crowds, even small crowds. I'm keeping my social distances and washing hands often like everyone else. My fishing for carp has also changed in the last week.  I am not fishing public parks where lots of people are out and about.  I have also been avoiding easy access points that might see a lot of fishermen. I might try some of these spots on crappy, rainy days, but you won't find me in any crowded spots on a nice day. I'm trying to fish more in remote places, and I know a lot of these spots where I have never run into another human being. Of course, getting to these spots is often a chore, but we can all use more exercise.
I am grateful that I can still go out and go fishing. And, the fishing has been really good in the last couple of days in my off the beaten path spots. A stay sheltered in place ultimatum would really drive me nuts. I hope it doesn't come down to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment