Saturday, April 4, 2020

Making the Most of a Tough Situation

Here's a carp that I landed yesterday in one
of my close to home spots. Fishing is very
limited right now.
Yes, I am still fishing. The state DEM is still encouraging people to get out walking, riding a bike and fishing.  The number of places to park, though, is dwindling by the day.  Most of the state parks and recreation areas are now closed to parking. Many local spots are also shut down.
So, I have been doing a lot of bike riding and walking to carp fishing close to home. I'm lucky that I live walking distance to about a half dozen carp venues. This has allowed me to explore some of those areas more thoroughly than I did in the past, and I am finding new spots to fish and catching some fish. I'm also getting a lot of exercise. Heck, not much else to do.
Normally, at this time of year I am dividing my time between fishing for carp in MA and RI.  Any out of state travel is not happening at this point since state regulations require a 14 day quarantine for out-of-staters traveling to a different state. I'm not taking a chance on that happening.
If you do get out and carp fish, remember to keep that 6 foot social distance.  No too difficult doing this as I have seen just about no one in the areas I have been fishing.
Good luck if you get out for carp, and stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment