Friday, September 11, 2020

Porker of the Year

 

This is the porker that I caught yesterday in
the light rain.  It is the fattest carp I have caught
this year.

September is the start of fall fishing and carp tend to really feed up for winter when the cooler fall nights arrive. 

Yesterday I fished in the light rain and unsettled weather, great conditions for early fall.  I was rewarded with the fattest carp I have landed this year.  I estimate the fish was about 25 lbs., but it was the shortest 25 lber. I have ever landed!

The fish hit a maize/white artificial combo bait on  the hair rig, the set-up that has worked for me all summer.  I was also using a method ball around my sinker.

From now until mid November is prime time to catch a big carp here in RI. Some of the biggest carp that I have landed over the years in this state have been caught in this time frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment