Saturday, May 21, 2022

Hot Stuff

 

Check out this 29 lb. beast that was landed on
a quad several days ago. These are some of the 
hottest baits I have ever used.

I'll bet most of you reading this have no idea what a QUAD is. I was introduced to this bait by one of my friends from the UK. Quads are small square baits produced by Mainline baits in the UK.  They actually look like small colored oyster crackers. The ones I have are pink, light green and white and have a pleasant fruity smell. This variety is called Essential Cell Baits and they pop up. These are some of the most buoyant baits for their size that I have ever seem.  When hair rigged on a hook with a combination of maize and the quad, they will lift the bait off the bottom.

My friend from the UK started using these while I was fishing with him.  He far out fished me as I was using my old standby plastic artificial corn with a kernel of maize. I decided I just had to have this bait so I ordered a jar from a tackle store in the UK. Big Carp Tackle in the US had them but sold out (not surprised).

Almost immediately I started catching with this bait.  At times I used it in combination with maize.  Other times I used two quads of different colors. It seemed to me that the pink ones worked the best.  In a short time using them, I landed good number of 20's and even a 30 lber.  Many times I baited one rod with the quad and the other rod with the plastic pop-up and corn. It was always the quad that produced.

Sometimes fish are used to seeing a certain bait in a certain venue, and they will jump on something that might be different.  This is certainly different, but I can tell you that it is one of the hottest baits I have ever used.

This is THE bait that has been so effective for me.





Quads are small square baits that are
extremely buoyant. My best rigging
has been a combo bait of one quad
and a kernel of maize.


No comments:

Post a Comment