Monday, June 27, 2022

Another Big Fish on a Stormy Day

 It was my kind of carp fishing day.....torrential rain at times, wind, cooler weather. The stage was set for a big day as I have been down this road many times in the past. 

A 32 lb. monster on this rainy, stormy day.

June has not been a great month for me.  The big
carp of spring seemed to disappear in June.  Prior to today I landed only one fish that was exactly 20 lbs. in June. I got a good number of smaller ones, but only this lone 20.  I knew this cooling, rainy summer pattern after hot spell had gotten the big carp in a feeding mood in the past so I was hopeful my big carp "luck" would change.
Here was the bait that did it
today.....a kernel of maize 
and a large, pink artificial
corn.

After a lot of experimenting with boilies in the past month, I went back to my old standby today (maize and a pink artificial) with a method ball packed around the sinker.  I sat for two hours in the rain with not so much as a beep, and then it happened.  The alarm went off like a siren, I grabbed the rod and I was on.  I knew I had a big fish as it ran off maybe fifty yards of line, but stayed deep and slow on the fight, sure signs of a big one.

Once I got her into the net, I knew it was 30, but how much over 30 I was not sure.  Into the sack and onto the scale.....32 lbs. exactly.  It was one of my biggest summer fish that I had ever taken.

It would be the only fish on this day, but I came away with what I was looking for. Another memorable fish on a rainy, stormy, crappy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment