Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Monsoon Rains Light up the Fishing!

 

Another big carp has been caught in rainy, stormy
weather.  The carp were very active today in the
pouring rain!

Here we go again.  Torrential rains have lit up the carp fishing here in RI.  That 10+ inches of rain in the last two days have driven up the water levels as well as cooled down the water, and it's resulted in excellent carp fishing.  

Today I was out all afternoon in the pouring rain. I had on my Grunden rain parka and my waders and I was dry as a bone. I landed good numbers of good sized carp in the low teens along with one big carp in the mid twenty pound range.  I also saw a lot of active fish with fish rolling on the surface and bubble trails coming up from the bottom.

Once again, the hot bait was a combo bait of one kernel of real maize and a kernel of white plastic corn on the hair rig. That's been the hot ticket all summer. I haven't been using a method ball lately because I am trying to avoid the pesky turtles.

No comments:

Post a Comment