Friday, March 8, 2024

Springing Into a New Season

 It's early March and the spring carp fishing is starting locally.  I got out several times in the last week trying multiple venues. I ended up with 2 mirrors and 1 common.  It's a start.

I must say that these fish were super active unlike the ones I was getting in the cold of winter. Each fish sent the alarms screaming on the take.  They were also feisty on the fight unlike the sluggish fish of mid winter.

It all tells me that the new season is here. Now, as soon as I get the first 20 lber., I can really say it's really here! That's coming soon.

Just a reminder- if you plan on carp fishing in RI, you must now have a new 2024 fishing license.  Also, any waters stocked with trout are closed to any kind of fishing until after Opening Day (second Saturday in April).

I landed this beautiful mirror today. Spring carp fishing 
has started!


No comments:

Post a Comment