Saturday, September 21, 2024

Fox Micron X Bite Alarms with Receivers

 Recently I purchased a new set of Fox X alarms. I've used Fox alarms in the past and find them to be very durable and high quality. These alarms came in a set of 2 along with a receiver (see link- https://www.bigcarptackle.com/bite-indication/fox/fox-micron-mx-bite-alarms.html ).

The alarms work great.  They have volume and tone control.  They also have the ability to change color with the push of a button.  The receiver is really neat. When turned on, it will sound when an alarm is going off.  It will show the specific color and tone to determine which alarm is going off.  Today I used the alarms with the receiver. I was fishing a peninsula and set up rods on opposite sides.  I could see one outfit but could not see the other.  So, I turned on the receiver and attached it around my neck. Suddenly, the receiver went off signaling a hit on the alarm I could not see.  I ran over, hooked the fish and soon a 20 lb. common was on the shore!

These engineering marvels are not cheap, but in my mind, well worth the money.  The two alarms along with the receiver were $219.  It also came in a sturdy hard case.



No comments:

Post a Comment