Monday, February 29, 2016

Sun Turtles, Bees and Carp

It's Feb. 29, and it feels like April 29.  I fished a spot today, and immediately I was greeted by a sun turtle on a log.  Then, a bee buzzed by my head.  Within the next few minutes I had my first rod out.  Before I could even bait up the second outfit, the alarm goes off and I am fighting a decent size carp.  Welcome to spring fishing, 2016.
What a difference a year makes.  On  this date last year I couldn't even get to this location because of the deep snow, and there also had to be at least 15-20 inches of ice.
Sixty degrees today, fish hitting like it was late spring.  Landed real good numbers of fish up to 10 lbs. and lost some too (see pics above of today's fish).  However, it just felt great to be out and about fishing on this Feb. 29, 2016.



No comments:

Post a Comment