Tuesday, December 13, 2016

End of the Line?

Yes, you can fish in the snow provided there is no ice.
Could be the end of the line for this year.
I got out yesterday in the morning snow and rain. I was very limited due to icing and could only fish fast moving water.  All the ponds I checked were iced over and even slow moving water was ice. For the first time in a long time, it was a complete blank. No hits, no runs, no nothing.
With some of the coldest weather of December coming, it looks more and more like this is it for the year.  Yes, carp will hit in cold weather, but once everything is iced over, that is generally the end of the line. And, that big icing is coming.
We were spoiled big time last year as December weather remained warm right till New Year's Day. Most of last year's December temperatures were in the fifties,  And the fish remained active.  Not so this year.
I'm not putting my stuff away just yet, but things are not looking good.


No comments:

Post a Comment