Friday, October 12, 2018

Big Carp on the Feed Here in RI

This carp that is coming ashore was one of 8 fish landed in the
last 2 days in the nasty weather. The big fish are on the fall feed.
The next four weeks or so will be your opportune time to land a huge carp here in RI. A few years back I landed the biggest fish ever taken in RI waters when I landed a 36 lb. carp in mid November. Already the big fish show signs of the fall feed. I know of several 20 lbers. that have been taken recently by our RI CAGers here in RI. In the last week or so I have landed three twenties up to 26 lbs., a sure sign that the big ones are waking up to feed up for winter.  With dropping air and water temperatures on the way, it will only increase the need to feed. These bigger fish will continue to feed right up until the ice comes in.
I have been out in the heavy rain and wind of the last two days.  The fishing has been good as I landed a total of 8 carp with all of them going 10 to 15 lbs. It was nothing fantastic for size, but all good fish. I've written many times about how these carp just love to feed in the nasty weather and this was just another example. If you have the gear to last in the rain, give it a try.

1 comment:

  1. Dave,I just had a best session of 2018 this past Tuesday on Raritan River in NJ. Landed 11 and lost 3, all on method feeder and maize/fake corn on hair rig during a 6 hour stay. All of the fish but one smaller one were 17-28 lbs, fighting hard in the current. We only have commons in the river, no mirrors. We have had so much rain this year, the river was unfishable most of the year until now. BTW, thank you for keeping this blog going, I learnt a lot from your posts.

    Best regards,

    Ivo

    ReplyDelete