Saturday, October 17, 2020

Big Fish on the Fall Feed

A twenty pound carp rests in my 
sling in the water. Big carp are now
on the fall feed here in RI.

 This has been a good week of catching large carp for me here in RI.  With dropping temperatures and shorter days, I get the sense that the bigger fish are now on the fall feed.  I had a couple of twenty pounders this week along with many teen size fish. My biggest for the week was a 26 lb. common. I'm catching both in the daytime and at night. All my fishing is being done in RI waters.

The hot bait continues to be a combo bait of maize and a white pop-up, artificial corn. I'm also packing method mix around my sinker. I'm prebaiting whenever I can.

Leaves in the water has been an irritant but has had little effect on the fishing so long as I cast beyond the leaf line. Netting the fish along with a pile of leaves has been a mess.

If you are looking for that big carp for the year, the next month is an opportune time to get her. Big carp are on the fall feed!

No comments:

Post a Comment