Friday, October 23, 2020

Surprise of the Day

 I was watching my rods and suddenly, the alarm went off.  It was a slow run, so I expected a big carp when I lifted the rod off the alarm and engaged the reel.  But, judging from the fight it was no big carp.  In fact, it was not a carp at all.  It turned out to be a largemouth bass, and a decent one.  The fish weighed about four pounds. It took my usual bait of one kernel of hair rigged maize along with a white, artificial corn. This is not my first largemouth bass while fishing for carp. Years ago I landed a largemouth that was over 6 lbs. using a doughball. Yes, they will occasionally hit, but it is certainly a surprise when it happens!

The surprise of the day turned out to be a largemouth bass
that hit my hair rigged corn and artificial (in its lip).



No comments:

Post a Comment