Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Opportunities in the Warmth

 

This mirror is one of ten carp landed in the last
two days.  They are hitting in this record 
breaking warm weather here in RI

The record breaking warm weather of the last few days has lit up the carp fishing here in RI.  I was having a dreadful time of it right after that freak snowstorm of a little over a week ago as water temperatures plunged and the carp fishing slowed to a crawl.  But, get a couple of record breaking warm days, and we are back in action. It's a pattern I have seen many times at this time of year.

In the past, I've had streaks of real good luck in mid to late November, and much of has been tied to the weather turning warm.  It was ten years ago that I landed that 36 lb. RI common (RI CAG record at the time) during a streak of rainy, warm weather. I've had other days with big numbers of fish in November.  You just have to get out and fish and find a hotspot that is producing.

In the last two days I have landed 10 decent size mirrors.  I've gotten them all on hair rigged combo baits of maize and a white, artificial corn.  I'm not using a method ball. I am also prebaiting with maize in the spots I am fishing.

Good luck if you get out and try in this beautiful November weather.


No comments:

Post a Comment