Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Closing the Book on 2020 - The Year in Review

Highlight of the year, a RI "40"!

 I've caught my last carp for 2020. Overall, it was a strange and different year for me.  With Covid on the scene and travel restrictions in place, I did almost all my carp fishing here in RI.  That was very different because in past years, I caught good numbers fish in MA and CT waters.  Covid caused me to REALLY focus on RI carp fishing, not a bad thing. I explored a lot of places and found some very good spots I never knew existed. I actually put up some very good numbers, maybe the best ever for just here in RI. I also caught some very big fish. In fact, one special fish was the biggest I have every caught in RI and the first 40 lber. ever landed here. That was probably the highlight of my year.

So, below are some interesting numbers that tell part of the story of my carp fishing in 2020:

Total number of carp landed- 724 (278 commons, 446 mirrors)

Biggest Common Carp from RI- 40 lbs., 40 inches (new unofficial state record), landed June 6

Biggest Mirror Carp from RI-  25 lbs., landed on July 1

Most carp in one day- 50 on Nov. 30

Most Productive Month- November, 105 carp landed 

Least Productive Month- December- 12 carp landed

Best Month for big carp (over 20 lbs.)- October

First carp of the year landed- Jan. 3

Last carp of the year landed- Dec. 4

Numbers Comparison to 2019- 704 carp landed last year; 724 landed this year


2 comments:

  1. Simply breath taking stats. Huge congratulations on the unofficial record. Also thank you for igniting my passion for these majestic creatures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply breath taking stats. Huge congratulations on the unofficial record!! Also massive thanks for igniting my passion for these creatures!!

    ReplyDelete