Friday, January 13, 2023

First Carp of 2023

 

My first carp of 2023!

I went out carp fishing today in this mild January weather.  It felt like fishing in late March or early April. In the past I have scored some nice carp in January during these mild spells and today was no exception. I landed this 13 lb. common on a combo bait of maize and a white artificial corn.  I was also using a small method ball packed around my sinker.

If you are trying for a carp in the middle of winter, you might try looking in "small places".  I'm talking ice free small shallow ponds, small rivers and canals. The carp have no place to hide in these smaller spots, and these bodies of water tend to heat faster making the carp more active.

With mild weather forecasted for later in the week, I expect the winter action to continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment