Friday, January 6, 2023

Making Boilies

 

Here's a bunch of strawberry flavored
boilies that I made this morning.

Happy New Year to all my loyal readers!

On this crappy morning I decided to make some boilies.  Remember last year I started making my own and had the best success with a strawberry flavored boilie. I caught a good number of carp while using them.

Here are the ingredients to make about 100 15mm boilies:

* Half box (8 oz.) plain bread crumbs

*1/2 cup corn starch

* 2 tablespoons of sugar

* 1 1/2 tablespoons of vegetable oil

* 2 eggs

*half a box of strawberry jello

Mix all these ingredients in a big bowl and then knead the mix.  It should be the consistency of a snowball.  If too dry, add more egg.  If too wet, add more bread crumb.

At this point, you need to roll the mix into small ball shapes the size of a marble. I use a sausage gun from Big Carp Tackle and push a sausage onto a small rollaball table which will make 20 boilies at once.  You can also roll these by hand but it takes a long time. These tables can also be purchased at Big Carp Tackle.

Next, drop all the rolled balls into a pan of boiling water.  They will sink at first but after a minute or so, you will see them floating on the top.  They are now ready to be taken out and placed on a tray to dry.

I let mine dry overnight. I then package them in a zip lock bag and place them in the freezer until I am ready to use them.

Making your own boilies is time consuming, but far more inexpensive than buying them.

No comments:

Post a Comment