Wednesday, December 13, 2023

CAG Fall Big 4- 11th place

 

One of my entries in the Fall Big 4- 24 lbs., 6 oz.

I ended up in 11th place in this year's CAG National Fall Big 4 Tournament.  I just missed the prize categories of 1st through 10th place. 

This was a tough fall tournament. We had a lot of sharpies from all over the country competing.  These were some of the best carp fishermen in the US, and they were fishing some of the best fall locations, mainly big rivers. I knew before I started that I needed about 110 lbs. of fish to make the top ten (weights of top four fish). That meant catching at least two thirty pounders or a couple of high twenties along with other fish over 20 lbs.  That's a tall order here in RI.

Here are my top four fish that I entered: 20 lbs., 6 oz., 22 lbs., 4 oz., 24 lbs., 6 oz., and 29 lbs., 6 oz. My four fish total came out to 96 lbs., 6 oz.  All my fish were caught in either RI or MA waters. 

November proved particularly tough for me. There was a lot of wild weather and the waters were high.  Weed was dying in a lot of places and problematic at times. And, the fish were just not cooperative.  I landed only a grand total of 18 carp in November, and I did not have a single carp over twenty pounds.  All my tournament entries were landed in October.

No comments:

Post a Comment