Thursday, June 20, 2024

Hitting in this Heat

 

Here's an upper teen common
coming to the net. The fishing has
held up well in this heat.

Carp fishing has held up well in this latest heat wave.  I've been out just about every day in the past week, and while I have not been killing them, it has been a steady pick of fish here in RI. I've also landed a good number of carp in the 15 to 20 lb. range, so the sizes are there too. I'm getting a mix of commons and mirrors.

I've focused my fishing on the coolest parts of the day, doing double duty of fishing in the mornings and evenings. With striper fishing dreadfully poor, I've been focused more on carp in the last week.

It might be my imagination, but I do believe the carp have moved into slightly deeper water that I believe is cooler. I'm not having as much luck fishing the shallows as I was a few weeks ago.

My hot bait continues to be a combo bait of one pink Quad (from Mainline Baits) along with a kernel of maize on the hair rig.  I am not using method mix these days due to the high level of activity on the part of snapping turtles.  Those tanks just love this heat and seem to be everywhere.


No comments:

Post a Comment