Wednesday, July 31, 2024

What is a GHOST Carp?

 Yesterday I had a carp on that I fought to the net.  When I looked in the water, the fish resembled a white sheet swimming around.  I knew right away I had a ghost carp or a "ghostie".

Ghost carp are common carp that have a whiteish glow to them in the water.  Once out of the water you can see they are very light in color with almost a white/gold body.  They tend to have white/gold heads with splotches of normal coloring.  They also tend to have white dorsal fins, and frequently they have orange colored tails and orange bottom fins. They are some of the most beautiful carp you'll ever see. In all my years fishing. I've only caught a few, so yesterday's fish was special!

This is yesterday's ghost carp. Note the light body,
gold splotchy head, white dorsal fin and orange
tail and bottom fins.



No comments:

Post a Comment