Sunday, May 31, 2009

Change of Plans for Fish-in


Unfortunately, we have to change the venue for our RI Fish-in. It will be held at the same time, June 6 from 9:00 am until late afternoon/evening. However, we can't hold it at the Rivers Edge Recreational Complex due to the Riverfest canoe race that day.
So, here's the new spot. It is in the Blackstone River State park off Rt. 123 in Lincoln, RI. This is a unique spot in that you can fish the Blackstone River, the Lower Canal as well as a place we call Secret Pond. To get to this location, take Rt. 146 north or south and proceed to the Rt. 123 exit. Follow Rt. 123 east or "down the hill" for a mile or so (this is Breakneck Hill Rd. which becomes Front St.). Take a left at a sign that says "Blackstone River State Park" just after the Lincoln Plaza. There is a large parking area here. From here, it is a 6-7 minute walk to the place where we will be fishing. Walk to the bike path and cross the large bridge spanning the river. At the east end of the bridge, there is a gate. Go through the gate and walk the path toward the river. It will bring you to the canal which will be where we will start. There is a high bank here, so if you have a bridge net, take it along. This is a very scenic area and a place that has lots of mirrors. Let's hope they are hitting!
Hope to see you there. If you get lost, call me at 401-648-1970.

3 comments:

  1. is this going to be a good opportunity to learn how to carp fish? i've just decided to give it a shot

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like it will be with the exp there.count me in

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to say thank you to Dave and the rest of the guys who took the time and shared valuable knowledge with me on Sat. I knew very little about Carp fishing but I feel like I have enough knowledge now to give it a try. Tried to post a blog thankyou but first time bloging and not sure if you would even see my thanks. I'm the guy from the Uxbridge area that came down. After viewing Daves blog I see what a fantastic fish I have overlooked for 30 yrs. Wish me luck and thanks again. John

    ReplyDelete