Monday, May 18, 2009

Wild Whiskey and Sweet Corn



It has been a heck of a week for me. I'm in a zone where I simply can't do anything wrong (fishing wise that is), and every place I seem to go offers hot fishing for big fish as well as lots of them. I'm catching big time in RI and MA.


I have to think it goes beyond luck. The common thread is that I am using the same bait in all the places I am fishing. I'm using a kernel of Wild Whiskey maize from The Bait Stop along with two kernels of Green Giant Super Sweet Corn. It is dangling off a hair rig (see photo at left). I'm using this with an oatmeal based method ball that is spiced with birdseed and hemp seed and chili powder that is packed around my 3 oz. in-line lead.


That set-up has accounted for 7 twenties and 4 thirties along with dozens of fish in the teens in the last 5 days of fishing!

1 comment:

  1. Unbelievable Fish Dave.
    When I met you at the Carp gathering Sat. you were so humble... I never realized what an accomplished carp fisherman you are. Imagine my excitement when I got home and checked your blog. I felt like I had spent the afternoon with a legend. Thanks again for your time and keep the posts coming. John

    ReplyDelete