Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Big Time Banana Working Big Time

Today was a day I almost did not fish. It was raining, cold and windy with temps in the mid 40's. My most productive pattern in March had been fishing on those warm and sunny days in the 60's. However, you just never know when these fish will be in the mood. In the past, these lousy days have been good.
The fish were in the mood today. I landed 8 decent sized commons today for my best March outing to date. The big change I made in my fishing today was to go with Big Time Banana flavored maize from The Bait Stop. Flavored sweet corn had been a hot bait for me in recent outings, but today they wanted no part of it. I started off with two rods baited with sweet corn on one and banana maize on the other. After five fish in a row on the banana, I was sold and baited the other with it. Almost instantly, I landed a fish on the other sweet corn rod.
Last year banana maize was hot in early spring. It's looking like it will be hot again.

No comments:

Post a Comment