Monday, March 8, 2010

Fishing Heats Up




Just as the weather has heated up, the carp fishing has also. Today was my best day of the season as I landed 6 carp in a couple of different spots.


I met up with Nick Newton, a fellow RI CAG member, in a no name pond in East Greenwich. Fish were cruising all over and I managed to land 4 small ones, all about 5-6 lbs. Nick had a couple on and lost them in close. Later, we hit a bigger pond in Providence where we took 4 decent fish of 12-13 lbs. The hot bait today was flavored sweet corn. I was field testing a new raspberry flavor called "Wild Peach Berry" from The Bait Stop and that worked exceptionally well. I landed all my fish on that bait. Nick was using carpquila sweet corn and banana maize. He got the largest fish (right) on Big Time Banana maize from The Bait Stop.


Hopefully, this is the start of a good run here in RI.

No comments:

Post a Comment