Wednesday, August 17, 2011

400th Carp Landed in Hot August Fishing

I hit some hot fishing in the last three days.  In fact, it was some of the best August fishing that I have ever experienced here in RI.  Landed well over 20 carp with sizes reaching up into the teens.  Credit the heavy rains and cool temperatures of the last few days for getting these fish active and ending the doldrums that I had been experiencing.
In that load of fish, I landed my 400 th carp of the 2011 season (see pic at right).  It is always my goal to try to reach 500 fish as well as take some quality fish.  I've got the quality, as I landed a RI CAG mirror record of 25 lbs. as well as a big 32 lb. mirror that I got in MA that won the Big Mirror Prize in the CAG Big 4 tournament in May.  I've also landed more big mirrors over 15 lbs. than I have ever caught.  If I can get another 100 carp which seems likely, I will have reached my goal for 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment