Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Hurricane Carpin



As many of you know, I love fishing in nasty weather.  I have made a career out of bad weather fishing in both saltwater and freshwater, and I’ve had some of my biggest and most memorable days of fishing in stormy weather.  Yes, I did fish on Sunday in Hurricane Irene.  I went down to my backyard swim (Scott’s Pond) in the afternoon after the storm started to calm down.  I was in a safe and protected spot with the wind at my back.  What a view of the lake with the rain coming down horizontally in sheets and the wind just whipping huge trees like they were bushes.  Like most fish, carp just love this weather.  It seems to charge them up, and they usually feed big time as all kinds of food is being blown into the water.  They didn’t disappoint as I landed three beautiful mirrors on scopex flavored Pescaviva corn.  Another bad weather day turns into a good fishing day. My kind of fishing weather!
Note: I wrote this article on Sunday, but with no electricity or Internet service for over 3 days, it has taken a while to post.

1 comment:

  1. catching carp in a pond,lake, better then river carp fishing

    ReplyDelete