Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Gardner Camera Angle......A Real Handy Device


Most of the pictures you see of me holding large carp on this site were taken by a self timer shot with my camera. I usually set the camera for a 20 second delay and set it to take 5 shots in succession. In order to do this right, the camera must be mounted on a device such as a tripod. I'm sick of lugging my tripod around so I bought a neat device called the Gardner Camera Angle. This small device is really a camera "holder" that screws into a bankstick. Since I always carry an extra bankstick for my throwing spoon, this was easy to set up on that stick. The device has a ball and socket with a handle that lets you rotate the camera and then lock it in place if you need to change the angle. It works terrific. They sell for about $18 at Wacker Baits (www.wackerbaits.com ). They are also sold at Big Carp Tackle. Avoid the cheaper models since they are not good quality (sent one back). Take a look at the latest picture using the camera angle to snap a shot of a beautiful 20 lb. mirror that I caught today

No comments:

Post a Comment