Wednesday, November 2, 2011

600th Carp of this Year Landed

I got number 600 for the year yesterday morning. This is a milestone for one year that I have reached only one other time in the past.  The fish was a good looking common of about 10-12 lbs.  While the carp fishing has slowed down considerably, I am still catching some fish.  I am getting one or two an outing with the hot bait being pineapple flavored Pescaviva fished ahead of an oatmeal based method ball.  I am still seeing carp rolling and jumping, though not as many as I saw a month ago.  So, fishing is still worthwhile.  If you can pick your days, fish the warm days of November and try to fish the warmest part of the day.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Dave. 600 in one year is amazing. The carp are probably hoping for an ice over to be safe from your skills.

    Charlie Allard

    ReplyDelete