Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Equipment Details.....Record Catch

A lot of people ask me what I use to catch many of the carp you see on this site.  The truth is that I use three different pairs of outfits...lightweight, medium, and heavy duty.  The record carp, my 36 pounder, was taken on my favorite outfit, my medium outfit.  This is the outfit I use to catch about 80 percent of the carp I catch in a year.
So, here are the equipment details of that record catch:
Rod- 9 foot Chub Stalker Rod (Euro carp rod)
Reel- Shimano 3500B baitrunner reel
Line- Berkeley Big Game monofilament, 15 lb. test, clear
Sinker- 1 oz pear shaped no roll egg type, homemade, brown color
Hook- Umpqua Tiemco 2457, size #8
Bait- Pescaviva sweet corn, pineapple flavored, hair rigged, two kernels
Method- yes, oatmeal based method ball made with oatmeal, corn meal, bread and corn, no flavor
Alarms- Delkim mounted on bankstick
Net- Fox

No comments:

Post a Comment