Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The CAG Big 4

I am currently competing in the Carp Anglers Group annual Big 4 contest.  This is a national contest in which some of the top CAG carp fishermen from all over North America (Canada, Mexico and US) fish for the whole month of May and enter their 4 biggest fish.  The poundage is the point total.  There are prizes for the top three finishers as well as the biggest common and the biggest mirror.
My goal has always been a top ten finish since I figure I have very little chance to finish in the top three since there are many other big fish venues in other parts of the US.  However, this year I am currently in second place with 116 pounds. Today I really upped the point total with a near 30 lber. (29 lbs. 8 oz., see photo).  My 40 lb. mirror that I caught last week is leading the big mirror category.  Last year I won the Big Mirror category with a 32 lb. fish. Who knows, if I could land an additional thirty this month, I might just sneak into the top 3.  In the last two years, I have finished in 6th and 7th place.  I figure not bad for a RI carp fisherman!

No comments:

Post a Comment