Wednesday, October 17, 2012

IMPROVING

It took a couple of real cold nights to get the carp feeding again.  For the fish, I'm sure it's a reminder that winter is right around the corner.  Things have improved greatly in the last few days after that cold night we had on Saturday.  I landed 8 fish in the last three days (see pic of chunky mirror  I caught today).  Prior to that I had been on a blanking spree.  Now, 8 fish is not exactly killing them, but I am also seeing activity. I'm seeing fish moving around in the shallows, bubble trails and fish jumping here and there. And, they are back to hitting.
Last year I noticed a similar pattern.  Whenever we would get a real cold spell followed by warming weather, they would start hitting once the warm days hit.  Makes sense.....they slow down in the cold and perk up again when it warms up.  With warming weather on tap for the next couple of days and a warm and rainy day predicted for Friday, things are looking up. I know what I will be doing for the rest of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment