Saturday, October 20, 2012

Pescaviva Catching Once Again

I've landed quite a few fish in the last two days with several fish running over 15 lbs.  The biggest was a 24 lb. common (see pic), a large fish by RI standards, that I landed this morning.  These larger fish as well as several more smaller ones have all been caught on the same bait....pineapple flavored Pescaviva sweet corn. Back in the spring I was using this on a regular basis to score some big catches. This is a prepared bait sold in cans by Wacker Baits (www.wackerbaits.com ).  Pescaviva is a firm sweet corn that holds real well on the hair.  It has a subtle sweet corn flavor that lures carp in early spring, late fall and winter.  The problem with this bait in the warm months is that pests such as turtles, bluegills and horned pout will pick it apart.  Since those cold nights of last week, most of the pests have disappeared.  So, I'm back to using and catching with Pescaviva.  Note that I use this bait on a hair rigged hook with two or three kernels threaded onto the hair.  It is fished ahead of an oatmeal based method ball.  Very effective stuff and my go to bait at this time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment