Thursday, April 30, 2015

100th Carp of the Year Landed

It's been a tough start of the year for carp fishing, but I did manage to catch my 100th carp for 2015. It was a good looking 16 lb. common that was caught on a boilie/artificial corn combo. It is the latest date I've reached the century mark in the last five years.
Fishing has been less than stellar in 2015. As you know, the winter was brutal, and I was not able to fish through most of it.  March was a bust here in RI as ice covered most of the carp venues till the end of the month.  And, April fishing has been off compared to other Aprils due to cold weather. I am expecting some great fishing in May since the carp have got to go on the feed eventually.  With next week's temperatures expected to average in the 70's, watch for a big upswing in fishing.
This 16 lb. common that sits on the mat is my 100th carp for 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment