Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Lousy Weather Turns it On

The biggest fish of the day was this 27 1/2 lb. beast.
Once again, stormy weather has delivered a big day of fishing.
When I left the house this morning I knew the fishing would be at least good.  I thought it might even be terrific.  Lousy, rainy and stormy weather at this time of year really turns on the fish. It has happened to me on so many occasions that I see it as almost a sure bet. Some of the best spring days I have ever fished have been in stormy weather. Many of my largest fish over 30 lbs. have fallen on stormy days.
Today was a good day for big fish.  Fishing in the rain, I landed 5 decent fish that ranged from 15 to 27 1/2 lbs. I got them all on combo baits of 2 kernels of maize along with a kernel of pink, ESP artificial corn.  It is the same bait combo that has been scoring big fish for me much of the spring. The fish were also active today as I saw a lot of fish jumping and rolling on the surface.
Unlike most people I am hoping for some more stormy weather in the upcoming weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment