Friday, May 26, 2017

Bad Weather, Good Fishing

Here we go again.  The weather turns nasty and the fishing turns very good. I know it sounds like a broken record but this has happened countless times for me. I had another banner week of carp fishing as the big fish continue to hit.  Biggest one for the week turned out to be a 27+ pound common while the biggest mirror tipped the scales at 22 + pounds (see photo).  I had at least 25 fish over 15 lbs. while fishing venues in RI, MA and CT.
The big surprise of the week for me turned out to be a big channel cat (see photo) that I landed in the Connecticut River while fishing for carp on a rainy and miserable day. Yup, the carp hit there in the rain also and apparently the catfish like the nasty weather too.
The hot bait for the week continues to be a combo bait of maize and artificial corn fished on the hair rig.  The hot color of artificial corn this week was a kernel of pink ESP corn. I was also fishing a method ball packed around my sinker.

No comments:

Post a Comment