Sunday, June 9, 2013

June....CAG Take A Kid Carp Fishing Month

The national Carp Anglers Group (CAG) has designated June as "Take a Kid Carp Fishing" (TAKC) month.  For our part here in RI, I am hoping that members of the RI CAG will be taking kids they know out carp fishing.  It's a way to get kids involved in the outdoors and involved in fishing.  Many kids who fish find carp fishing fascinating and exciting, and they are amazed at the size of the fish they can catch.
Today I took out a high school kid that I know.  Nick has started fishing this year.  I met him a couple of weeks ago while riding my bike, and at the time he told me he had been trying for carp for a couple of days but could not catch one.  Today we went out to a small pond locally.  It was tough conditions with flooding water that was way into the bushes.  But, Nick did manage to catch one of the most beautiful little mirrors, about 4 lbs., that I have ever seen. He got it on sweet corn fished off a hair rig.  And, this fish put up one heck of a fight coming to shore. Even I was fooled into thinking it was much bigger.  After a couple of pictures, the fish was released.
Congrats Nick and hopefully you will get many more.

No comments:

Post a Comment