|This is one of 4 mirror carp landed on this hot day|
while fishing with maize.
Here are a few tips on how to score when the fishing is slow and the weather is hot:
* Fish the right times. Best to fish in the coolest hours. Get out in early morning, evening and nighttime. Rainy days are also a good bet.
* If fishing in sunlight, try to focus on fishing shady areas. Carp will seek the comfort of shade on warm days.
* Fish with hard baits such as maize. The pests will have a field day with sweet corn and you just can't keep it on the hook.
* Try to prebait an area. That always gets things going whether it's summer or spring.
* Look for hotspots. Some places fish hotter in summer than others. It's a matter of fishing and finding those places.
* Moving water (rivers) seem to fish better than stagnant ponds and lakes. The fish are also more active in moving water.