Friday, September 26, 2014

Big Fish on the Fall Feed

Take a look at the gut on this
twenty pound plus carp landed
today.  It was short and had a small
tail, but the gut was huge.  Large
carp are on the fall feed and hitting.
Today was the first day in a long time that I was able to land more than one twenty pounder in the same outing.  I actually landed two fish of 20 and 22 lbs. along with a couple of teen size fish.  The two large fish that I caught had the same profile....short in length but huge guts which really contributed to their weight.  It shows that they have been feeding heavily.  In the past that time period from late September into late October (and even later) has been prime time to land a real big fish. Several years ago I beat the state record twice (33lbs., 2 oz. and 36 lbs.) while fishing in the fall.
Today's two large fish were caught on different baits.  One fish hit a doughball and artificial corn combo (see last post) while the other fish hit a maize/artificial corn combo bait.  Both baits were hair rigged and fished ahead of a method ball.
If you are looking for a big fish the window of opportunity is open right now.  The next month should be prime time.

2 comments:

  1. Nice fish, how do I go about joining your organisation I have been fishing a few years and got some information from you let me know my name is bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bob, send me your e-mail as a comment. It won't show on the blog because I moderate the comments.
    Dave

    ReplyDelete