Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Doughballs Hot Bait this Week

The hot combo  bait lately has been
a doughball with a kernel of plastic
artificial corn on the hair rig.
I am back to consistently catching carp here in RI.  The hot bait in the last few days for me has been doughballs with a little trick added.  I am adding a colored artificial pop-up corn to my doughball.  The best color has been orange. I've gotten a good number of commons up to 18 lbs. using this bait combination.
Doughballs are probably the most widely used bait for carp.  Carp love feeding on bread especially in those places where people feed bread to ducks and geese.
Here's how I make my doughballs.  It is just the white part of a slice of bread.  Roll it and knead it until you have a ball about the size of a small marble.  Then I set it in the sun or just air dry it until it is fairly hard and firm.  I then hair rig it.  It is durable and works terrific.  With the pests (turtles, bluegills and horned pout) being less aggressive in this cooler weather, doughballs are a good bait choice.
This is one of three good size commons landed this morning on doughballs.


No comments:

Post a Comment